You will come across many sites that offer wedding insurance, but who should you trust? Certain companies stand out from the rest because of their reputation and experience in the industry. Here are some of the big players:
- ProtectMyWedding.Com. Underwritten by Travelers, the Wedding Protector Plan is a special event insurance coverage that’s comprehensive enough to cover different parts of the wedding—from the rehearsal to the special day. The coverage can also be extended to liability insurance and alcohol liability.
- WedSafe.com. Offered by Aon, an insurance broker based in Jericho, New York, WedSafe began offering policies as early as 1999. Calling themselves the top wedding insurer in the US, WedSafe will get you an instant quote for your wedding. You can also complete your purchase online and download the coverage online fast. For those who simply don’t have the time on their hands to set an appointment for wedding insurance, WedSafe is a safe choice.
- WedSure.com. Fireman’s Fund is one of the pioneers in wedding insurance, starting out as far back as 1993, when the average wedding was as cheap as $16,000. Its affiliate, WedSure.com, will cover something most insurance companies don’t: a change of heart. For instance, if the bride backs out, the company will pay $15,897. If the minister fails to show up, there will be a $8,350 claim, and $3,412 for a lost bridal gown by the fault of the seamstress.
- Markel Insurance. Like the three sites above, Markel will reimburse you for non-refundable deposits when you have to cancel or postpone your wedding because of extreme weather, accidents, military deployment, or illnesses. Just the same, there’s coverage for lost wedding rings, lost/damaged photography, or lost/damaged gifts. You can get an insurance policy so long as it’s later than 15 days before the wedding.
Do you have another wedding insurance company to recommend? Let us know!
For more information about wedding insurance, check out these other articles here at Wedding Brook:
- Should You Get Wedding Insurance Before You Say, “I Do”?
- Wedding Insurance Coverage: What Does It Cover
- Wedding Insurance Coverage: What’s NOT Covered
- Don’t Forget These 4 Things When Buying Wedding Insurance
- How Much Does Wedding Insurance Cost?
- When Should You Buy Wedding Insurance?
- 6 Things You Must Consider When Choosing Wedding Insurance
- Websites that Offer Wedding Insurance
- Don’t Miss These 4 Important Details About Wedding Insurance